Fourth Estate Staff
Greenwood, IN, United States (4E) – The first “gray death” overdose was confirmed in Greenwood, Indiana after a couple encountered the drug that came from a mixture of heroin and other drugs.
Police said that the mixture is so strong that people have died by merely touching it. The first case in the area involved a 19-year-old female, identified as Hanna Richard, and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Brandon DeBlaso. According to authorities, they bought the drugs from a woman and they thought it was just regular heroin. They snorted what they bought and Greenwood Assistant Police Chief Matt Fillenwarth said Richard immediately overdosed while DeBlaso was revived using Narcan.
Richard and DeBlaso have been charged with possession of paraphernalia. The charges will be dropped if they go through Greenwood’s Recovery Court program.
Accordingly, the gray death drug is a mixture of heroin, fentanyl, carfentanil, and synthetic opioid. The carfentanil is used as a large animal tranquilizer while the synthetic opioid believed to be part of the mixture is U-47700, which is around eight times stronger than morphine.
Authorities noted that the effect of gray death is different per person. Not everyone dies from consuming it but people are having weird reactions. Most of the users inject, smoke, snort, or swallow the drug. It could also be absorbed through the skin.
The other states that have seen cases related to gray death are Alabama, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Texas and Wisconsin.
Article – All Rights Reserved.
Provided by FeedSyndicate