(National Star-News) A vehicle in President Donald Trump’s motorcade was struck by a ‘2×4’ – with five middle school students now facing charges, according to Florida authorities.
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman Teri Barbera said in a statement Saturday that the incident happened Friday around 1:45 p.m.
The release said: ‘While assisting the United States Secret Service with a motorcade movement for President Donald Trump it was reported that a vehicle in the motorcade had been struck by what was believed to be a small hard object.
Several members of the motorcade returned to the scene after completing the motorcade to look for witnesses and objects along the roadway.
A child from a local middle school confessed to throwing the wood at the motorcade and also implicated four additional students.
The sheriff’s office tweeted a photo of the wood that allegedly struck the motorcade:
We have ID'd Juveniles who threw a 2 x 4 at Presidential Motorcade.
A juvenile from a local middle school confessed to throwing the 2 x 4. pic.twitter.com/798MdQRukJ
— PBSO (@PBCountySheriff) February 18, 2017
According to media reports, both a wooden chunk and a baseball-sized rock were taken and placed in bags by a sheriff’s office crime scene unit.
Trump’s motorcade was coming from the airport at the time, when it took place close to his private estate Mar-a-Lago.
Charges will be filed with the Palm Beach County States Attorney’s Office.
No additional information, including the names of the students, was given.